GAME CAFE POKEMON MID-SEASON SHOWDOWN | 12:30 PM
GAME CAFE | 107 W. Lexington | 816.252.7529
**Day Two of Mid-Season Showdown**
VGC’16 Premier Challenge – Game Cafe – Swampert No.1
Registration Begins: 12:30pm
Registration Ends: 01:30pm
Entry Fee: $5.00
Tournament Id: 16-03-000065
March 06, 2016
Game Cafe – Independence MO
TWITCH: pac0tac019 for live feed – both days
To play, all you need is a Nintendo 3DS family system, a copy of Pokémon Omega Ruby or Alpha Saphire (ORAS), and a legal team.
Before attending, please ensure that you have downloaded the most recent Pokémon ORAS update and 3DS update from the Nintendo eShop.
If your 3DS system has Parental Controls enabled, please disable them for the event.
Each division will play rounds and top cut based upon attendance. Main event rounds will be Best-of-3 Game Swiss and Top Cuts will be Single Elimination Best-of-3.
- Pokémon brought in via Poké Transporter will not be permitted (the blue pentagon is required).
- All discovered Pokémon will be allowed except the following Mythical Pokémon: Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Diancie, and Hoopa.
- Teams may have no more than two of the following Pokémon: Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde.
- Only Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire Game Cards or downloadable versions are permitted for use.
- Time limits for battles will vary by event.
- Pokémon must be placed in the Battle Box.
- Pokémon are allowed to Mega Evolve.
- All items will be allowed except Soul Dew.
- Each Pokémon must hold a different item.
- Pokémon above Level 50 are permitted, but they are auto-leveled down to 50 for the duration of battle.
- Players may use Pokémon with Hidden Abilities.
- Players may use items that have been officially released via Pokémon X, Pokémon Y, Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, the Pokémon Global Link, or an official event or promotion.
Pokémon used in the Standard format must have a blue pentagon in the Pokémon summary screen. This indicates that the Pokémon was caught during regular game play, hatched from an Egg, obtained within the game, or was officially gifted in either Pokémon X, Pokémon Y, Pokémon Omega Ruby, or Pokémon Alpha Sapphire.
Only legitimate versions of Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire can be used in Play! Pokémon tournaments. This includes downloadable versions of Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire.
Players may use any system in the Nintendo 3DS™ family of systems during the competition. This includes the Nintendo 3DS™, Nintendo 3DS XL™, and Nintendo 2DS™. Players are responsible for bringing a charger that is compatible with their system.
Players may only use Pokémon that are legal for the tournament format. Players are responsible for ensuring that their team adheres to any restrictions set forth by the tournament format and this document.
To make registration go smoothly, please make sure your Battle Box and team list are in the same order. If you choose to use restricted legendary Pokémon, please place them in the top left and right slots.
Before attending, please ensure that your DS is fully charged before the tournament and bring a charger. We will have a limited number of charging station available.
There are no prerequisites to play. Players of all skill levels are welcome.
You must have a Pokémon Organized Play (POP) Player-ID number to play. If you do not have one, you may get one online or at the event. THIS IS NOT THE PLAYER NUMBER IN YOUR VIDEO GAME. You can find your Player ID number in the Play! Pokémon Settings section of yourPokemon.com account. If you do not have one, you can create yourself one by signing up to Play! Pokémon in your account settings:https://www.pokemon.com/
Looking forward to seeing you there!