HOT DOG EATING CONTEST | JULY 21ST | 7:30PM
Up Dog’s 7th Annual Hot Dog Eating Contest proceeds will go to Community Services League, a non-profit organization whose mission is to provide relief for people and communities in need. Activities for all ages begin at 6:00 p.m. in the Pharaoh Cinema parking lot. The Hot Dog Eating Contest starts at 7:30 p.m. followed by a FREE showing of the movie Frozen. To check in for the competition, present your paper ticket to the registration table.
- All contestants must sign a waiver form prior to the Hot Dog Eating Contest. Contestants under the age of 18 years old must have parental consent to participate in the competition.
- Competition will be conducted by a disinterested party from all accumulated entries.
- By submitting an entry in the competition, entrant consents to Up Dog’s using contestant’s name(s), address, likeness, and prize information in Up Dog’s publications and media.
- Contestants must check into prior to the close of registration at 7:00 p.m. July 21, 2016. The contests will begin at 7:30 p.m. on July 21, 2016.
CATEGORIES & ENTRY FEES:
- Amateurs Kids (5 to 12 years old) – $5 Entry Fee
- $15 Early Bird
- $20 Late Registration
AMATEUR CONTEST EATING RULES:
- This event will be a 10-minute contest sponsored by Up Dog.
- The contestant who eats the most hot dogs wins. Judges will determine the winner. In the event of a tie, the winner will be determined by a 4-minute hot dog eat-off with the winner being the one who consumes the most.
- This contest allows for a food item to be separated, dunked, mushed and mashed in an effort to consume the most hotdogs.
- Contestants will be given five hot dogs and buns to start. Each contestant will be provided with two 32 oz. cups of water for dunking or drinking. Mustard and ketchup will also be provided for contestants.
- Should a contestant be observed hiding their hot dogs, dropping them under the table or placing them on another contestant’s plate, he/she will be disqualified. Contestants, who show any visible signs of sickness, including vomiting, will be disqualified.
KIDS’ CONTEST EATING RULES:
- Each contestant in this category will be given 5 mini hot dogs and the first contestant to finish wins.
- Age restriction for the Kids’ Category is 5-12 years old.
- Amateur Category 1st Place: $300.00 cash prize and 4 tickets to see The Kansas City Royals (parking pass included)
- 2nd and 3rd Place prizes will also be awarded.
- Kids’ Category 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Place prizes will be awarded.
- Categories and prizes are subject to change based on participation.
CLOSE OF REGISTRATION:
- Early registration and waivers are due by July 14th, 2016 no later than 7:00 p.m.
- Late Applications and Waivers are due no later than 7:00 p.m. on July 21, 2016, the day of the event.
- Contestants will be contacted to verify intent of participation.
DAY OF EVENT:
- ALL registered participants are REQUIRED to check in between 6:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. on the day of the event, July 21, 2016 in the Pharaoh Cinema parking lot.
LIABILITY AND WAIVER:
- Each registrant MUST sign the liability waiver and release for use of images for promotional purposes.
- CLICK HERE FOR LIABILITY WAIVER & RELEASE FORM