APPLE HARVEST DAY | 8am-6pm
Saturday | September 19th | 10am-6pm
Gilbert Whitney will have extended hours beginning at 8am.
From local apples, apple pie baking contest, apple butter, cider, chef dessert demo’s, kettle corn, and fall tea & coffee. This is an all about apples day! It’s a great time to start your holiday shopping and sample a wide variety of delicious apple recipes! Come support local businesses on this everything about apples day!
APPLE PIE BAKING CONTESTTime: 10am – 4pm Where: Gilbert, Whitney & Co. | 104 N. Liberty | Independence Square Questions: 816.836.0567
- Contestants may submit more than 1 pie
- Pies must be made from scratch
- Pies made with purchased crusts or fillings will be disqualified
- Apples must be the main ingredient; 60% of the pie must be apples
- Refrigeration is not available so Pies needing refrigeration after baking will not be accepted
- Pies containing raw or uncooked eggs will not be accepted
- Bring your pie in an 8’’ – 10’’ disposable pan
- Gilbert, Whitney & Co will not be responsible for returning the pan.
- Remaining slices may be picked up by 5pm
- Pies must be submitted to Gilbert, Whitney & Co. September 19th between 10am and 12pm
- Participants must fill an applicatant form and be submitted with the pie in order to be considered
- Winners will be posted on Gilbert, Whitney & Co.’s Facebook page at 4pm
- There will a 1st, 2nd & 3rd place prize given
- All participants will receive 2 Free Movie passes to the Pharaoh Theater